S & J Nursery's Guide to
Daylily Little Business
for Northeast Florida Gardens
( Hemerocallis 'Little Business' )
Daylily Little Business Preferred Exposure:
- full sun to light shade
Daylily Little Business Foliage:
- Semi evergreen compact foliage stays full and lush through the year or may go
dormant depending on the winter temperatures each year.
Daylily Little Business Soil Preference / Salt tolerance:
- Daylily Little Business will prefer dry, well drained soils with high organic
matter content so remember to add some compost or manure to the planting hole when you first install your
daylily and a handful or so of compost each year will keep daylily's foliage and blooms looking great
Daylily Little Business Size Variance:
- The foliage on the Daylily Little Business will reach only to 12-14 inches high
and wide with the flower stalks rising to just at the foliage height.
Daylily Little Business Growth Habit:
- Semi evergreen, clumping grass like perennial forms an attractive mound of
Daylily Little Business Growth Rate:
- Fast growing Daylily cultivar.
Daylily Little Business Bloom:
- What these daylily blooms lack in size, they make up for in profusion, one of my
favorite daylilies for the Northeast Florida landscape, Little Business blooms are a deep raspberry red color,3
inches across and slightly recurved.
Daylily Little Business Water Requirements:
- Drought tolerant once established in the landscape, regular water is necessary to
get the plant rooted and growing on its own after being planted in the ground from a nursery container.
Butterfly or Bird Attracting:
- Daylily Little Business blooms will attract hummingbirds and butterfly's to your
garden to feed on the nectar produced by the flowers.
Best Uses For Daylily Little Business:
- I love to see these Daylily in masses of 7 or more plants, they are unbelievably
beautiful when in bloom and a great garden filler when not.
- Try Daylily Little Business in a decorative pot on a porch or patio for a low
maintenance pop of color during the summer months near a patio or pool area where they can be enjoyed.
Care of Daylily Little Business:
- Water every day during the establishment period after planting in the garden from
a nursery container.
-They will need good water during the establishment period and supplemental
irrigation during dry spells or particularly hot dry summers.
- Prune out old foliage each spring or as needed any time of the year.
- Fertilize each spring with a handful of garden compost or a mixture of Milorganite
and a slow release poly coated plant food such as Osmocote or Stay Green general purpose plant food or
Want more daylilies? Check out this link for
North Florida | Jacksonville | St. Augustine are Daylilies
for other cultivars that do great in our area!
Click here to open a new window for more information on Daylily Little Business